The primary purpose of the Kankakee Area Career Center is to meet vocational/ technical education needs of the regional high school students. The underlying function of the career center is to prepare students to select viable career paths and to obtain the training and skills essential for continuing education and/ or the job market.
- To develop a systematic plan for evaluating current courses and possible new courses.
- To integrate technology into all career and technical education programs.
- To recruit and retain qualified and effective instructors in all programs.
- To prepare students for the transition from high school to the next level of development, whether it be advanced education, the military, or the world of work.
- To upgrade facilities and equipment continually to maintain state-of-the-art levels.
- To provide work-site learning experiences whenever possible.
- To emphasize and teach employability skills.
- To articulate with post-secondary institutions.
- To teach students leadership skills and positive work values.
- To prepare students to function effectively in their careers and personal lives.